Skip Navigation

Our History

1916

President Woodrow Wilson signed the Farm Loan Act of 1916, establishing the Farm Credit System.

1933

Production Credit Associations (PCA) were created through the Farm Credit Administration, with Brookfield and Warrensburg offices opening as the 2nd and 3rd in the nation.

1968

Customer-owners fully own the capital of the Farm Credit System after repaying all government capital.

1978

Farmers borrowed a record $45 billion from the Farm Credit System at the height of farm success.

1985

The ag industry collapsed, evidenced by the Farm Credit System’s losses of $2.7 billion. Offices began consolidating to cut losses.

1986

The Central Production Credit Association was organized in Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas to save PCAs from insolvency.

1987

The Agricultural Credit Act organized the Farm Credit System in Missouri into four territories plus the Progressive Farm Credit Services serving the Bootheel region.

1989

Northwest and Southwest merged to form FCS of Western Missouri. Northeast and East Central merged to form FCS of Eastern Missouri.

2002

The boards of Eastern and Western Missouri voted to consolidate and rename the organization Farm Credit Services of Missouri with headquarters in Jefferson City.

2006

The organization changed its name to FCS Financial to expand its footprint in the ag credit market.

Supporting the future of farming

Over $1.5 million given to local 4-H and FFA organizations

4-H Logo FFA Logo AFA Logo

© 2008-2018 FCS Financial. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Whistleblower

Design and Development by Imagemakers

NMLS #: 761836

Equal Housing Lender